10.30.2006

Life as of late

I can't say that I have been busy every moment of every day. I can say however that time has a way of standing still and moving past me as fast as the cartoon character "Hammy" on "Over the Hedge"....which by the way if you have not seen this movie it is hilarious.
So...I thought I might clue everyone in on what I have been thinking and doing and such.
First, let me say that I love youth ministry. Every time I see the lights go on inside the heads and hearts of the young people I am working with I get so excited. God is truly doing great things. Our youth nights, Wednesdays and Sundays have been averaging around 16-19 youth. They seem to be tuning in to what is being shared with them through the presentations and discussion. I really have been praying that God will prepare these young people to see Him at work and join Him.
We had a Bon-Fire at our house on the 20th. It was a good time. We had over 30 people show up! This is counting everyone of course including adults, however, it was a good time just to chill around the fire and have fun with some games, and invite some friends.
We will be doing more activities in the future, however there are a few activities that we will embark on soon that I want everyone to be in prayer about. We will be going on a ski-retreat in January at PerfectNorth in Ohio. It is going to be centered around the "Five Love Languages of Teenagers." Parents and youth will all be aboard as we will travel together to gain insight and understanding on how we can love each other more. The family unit will be ephasized and hopefully there will be a time of parental bonding that will ensue. Of course, I have read that you plan and event like this and then it flops and then you plan it again and it flops and then after flopping again on the third try you begin to finally see fruit. So...I will wait patiently as God works in the lives of His children.
My life does seem to be hectic, but not untolerably hectic.
I know that without my wife it would be literally impossible. I just don't know how to show her that she means the world to me. Pray that I will be the husband she needs. I want to be that man, a Godly man.

No comments: